Makes 16 to 20
- 1 purple carrot, grated
- 2-3 small potatoes, washed and grated
- 1 parsnip, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup rice flour (can substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- extra salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Instructions and Preparation
- Squeeze as much liquid out of the grated root vegetables as possible.
- Place carrot, potatoes, parsnip, garlic, and fontina into a mixing bowl and toss together.
- Add egg white, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix together until well combined. Allow mixture to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour oil into a heavy bottom skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Place a few, 2 tablespoon mounds into the skillet and gently press to flatten.
- Pan fry for 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until all fritters have been made.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.