2 cups of your favourite nuts
5-7 Organic Medjool Dates (remove the stones!)
1/4 cup of juice or coconut milk or coconut oil
1/2 cup of Organic Tahini
1/4 cup of cacao
Extra organic desiccated coconut, organic cacao powder or chopped nuts to roll the balls in.
Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor (you can vary the texture according to your personal preference.) Form into balls, then coat with either organic desiccated coconut, organic carob powder or chopped nuts & refrigerate. Enjoy!
Organic Good Morning Quinoa Porridge
A warming gluten free breakfast
1 cup Organic Quinoa
2 cup Water
1/2 cup Apples; thinly sliced
1/3 cup Organic Raisins
1/2 tsp Organic Ground Cinnamon
Milk or cream
Organic Raw Honey
Method: Rinse quinoa and add to water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add apples, raisins and cinnamon; simmer until water is absorbed. Serve with milk or cream and sweeten to taste with honey.
Coco Banana Bites
2 medium sized bananas
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1. Squeeze the juice from the orange. Pour into a small bowl.
2. Peel the bananas. Cut off the ends.
3. Cut bananas into bite size pieces.
4. Spread coconut onto a sheet of grease proof paper or onto a cutting board.
5. Using a skewer or a fork, dip banana pieces into the orange juice.
6. Roll banana in coconut.
7. Eat immediately, or keep in the fridge until chilled.
Chicken and vegetable rice paper rolls
• 12 large rice paper rounds
• 1 green oak lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
• 1/2 large barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
• 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
• sweet chilli sauce, to serve
1. Half-fill a shallow dish with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper round in water. Place on work surface. Stand for 20 to 30 seconds or until soft enough to roll without splitting.
2. Place lettuce along edge of rice paper. Top with chicken, capsicum, cucumber and bean sprouts. Roll up, folding up edges to enclose filling. Cover roll with a damp tea towel to prevent it drying out. Repeat with remaining rice paper rounds and fillings to make 12 rolls. Cut in half. Serve rolls with sweet chilli sauce.
Slow Cooked Moroccan Beef Stew
This is one of the simplest meals you will make, and it is delicious!
Ingredients 650g Triple B Diced Beef
½ tsp Himalayan Sea Salt - Fine
½ tsp Organic Ground Black Pepper
2 tblsp Butter 1 red onion, peeled & cut into 8ths
½ tsp Organic Ground Cumin
½ tsp Organic Ground Turmeric
1 tsp Organic Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp grated fresh ginger (or ground ginger)
3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
¾ cup Medjool Dates, halved
4 cups beef stock
Season the beef with salt & pepper. Melt the butter in frying pan, brown the seasoned meat for 5-10mins on medium heat until brown on all sides. Meanwhile prepare the rest of the ingredients and place them in the slow cooker, once the meat is browned, add this to the rest of the ingredients and stir together well. Cook on high for 7-8 hours or on low for 10-12 hours. Serve with some basmati rice or potatoes.