Beet, Orange and Apple Salad
Ingredients 3 red beets
Soy sauce (Use Tamari to make it gluten free)
1 clove of garlic
Apple Cider Vinegar
Wash and finely grate red beets and apples.
Peel, fillet and cut the oranges into small pieces.
For the dressing: stir sour cream, vinegar and finely cut garlic.
Add salt and pepper to make the taste perfect.
Mix red beet, apples and oranges thoroughly with the dressing.
Brown the sunflower seeds lightly in a pan and glaze with soy sauce/tamari.
Arrange the lettuce on plates and sprinkle the sunflower seeds over it.
Makes 16 to 20
- 1 purple carrot, grated
- 2-3 small potatoes, washed and grated
- 1 parsnip, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup rice flour (can substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- extra salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Instructions and Preparation
- Squeeze as much liquid out of the grated root vegetables as possible.
- Place carrot, potatoes, parsnip, garlic, and fontina into a mixing bowl and toss together.
- Add egg white, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix together until well combined. Allow mixture to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour oil into a heavy bottom skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Place a few, 2 tablespoon mounds into the skillet and gently press to flatten.
- Pan fry for 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until all fritters have been made.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.